Monday May 29, 2023
Monday May 29, 2023

Youth dies of electric shock in Baglung

2022 Jun 15, 12:38, Baglung

A 32-year-old youth died on the spot from electric shock while fishing in Badigaad River in Baglung district on Tuesday evening.

According to Badigaad Rural Municipality-2 chairperson Dhaal Prasad Sherchan, Chabilal Balami of Badigaad-2 in the district was electrocuted to death accidentally while fishing through the use of an electric current.

The body of the deceased has been taken to primary health centre for a post-mortem, informed ward chairperson Sherchan. Although it is illegal to use electric shock for fishing, people are reported to be fishing wantonly in the rivers and ponds by violating the rules, leading to deaths by electrocution in many cases in the district, it has been reported.


Electric Shock Baglung electrocuted to death NepalNews Latest news of Nepal nepal
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77


KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal