Thursday Jun 30, 2022
Thursday Jun 30, 2022

Bagmati govt, Hetauda Submetropolis jointly investing in advanced agri-market


Nepalnews
2021 Jul 02, 15:50, Makawanpur
This undated image shows Bagmati Province Assembly building in Hetauda, Makawanpur district.

The Bagmati Province Government has joined hands with the Hetauda Sub-Metropolitan City to establish an agro vegetable wholesale market of international standard at Thanabharayang of Hetauda-11.

The vegetable wholesale market is to be established on joint-venture of the Ministry of Land Management, Agriculture and Cooperatives, and the local government.

Chief Minister Dormani Poudel laid the foundation stone of the market construction project amidst a programme here today. The market will occupy an area of two bigas and four dhurs (one biga is equivalent to 72,900 square feet and one dhur is equivalent to 182.25 square feet).

On the occasion, Chief Minister Poudel said the government had initiated such a plan to increase the production capacity of the agricultural sector and to have a better cold storage system with grading, processing and packaging facilities.

The Ministry is bearing the 70 per cent investment of the project while the remaining 30 per cent will be of the Sub metropolis. The project aims to modernize and commercialize the traditional agricultural system and its supply chain as well.

The project is expected to systematize the agri-market and further promote the country’s agriculture and vegetable farming. The cost of the project is 283.6 million 56 thousand and is expected to be complete by May-June, 2024.

READ ALSO:

Chief Minister Dormani Poudel Bagmati Govt Hetauda Sub metropolis agro International Standard Ministry of Land Management and Agriculture agriculture
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77

Contact

KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

Newsroom
+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

E-mail
[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal