Tuesday May 17, 2022
Tuesday May 17, 2022

CIB submits Baluwatar investigation report to public prosecutor


Nepalnews
RSS
2022 Jan 06, 17:51, Kathmandu
This image shows the building of the Central Investigation Bureau of Nepal Police, at Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. Photo courtesy: Sudarshan Panthee

The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) of the police has completed its investigation into the land grabbing case of Lalita Niwas in Baluwatar and submitted a report to the Public Prosecutor's Office.

CIB spokesperson Shyam Kumar Mahato said that four separate cases have been reported today after completing the investigation of the past two years. Earlier, the CIB had indicted more than 300 people on the charge of forgery of government documents and started an investigation with the permission of the court. The same research report was submitted today. Various investigation reports have shown the involvement of high-ranking persons in the land case.

The CIB report did not say how many were accused or who they were. "We have done the necessary investigation and handed it over to the public prosecutor," Mahato told. The public prosecutor has stated that the necessary process has been started by filing the report today.

The term of the case is two years. Therefore, an indictment must be filed in court by January 11. The police have submitted the report today as the deadline is approaching. The CIB has been investigating the incident for two years and has filed four separate cases. Earlier, they had started the investigation on the basis of the investigation committee formed under the leadership of the Superintendent of Police of CIB. The committee had given a report with the conclusion that the land was owned by the government.

Only two people have been arrested in the incident. The Bureau has arrested Ram Kumar Subedi and his wife Madhavi Subedi from Kathmandu in December. An earlier report had noted that between 1992 BS and 2012, over 6 hectares of land belonging to Lalita Niwas had been under threat.

Meanwhile, the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority has filed a case in the High Court against 175 people in the Lalita Niwas case. As per the decision of the cabinet meeting of 2018/19, the issue is being looked into by the CIB and the authorities.

READ ALSO:

Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority CIAA High Court Lalita Niwas case Baluwatar. CIB Central Investigation Bureau
Subishu
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77

Contact

KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

Newsroom
+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

E-mail
[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal