Sunday May 22, 2022
Sunday May 22, 2022

Govt has not banned mass gatherings: MoHA


Nepalnews
2021 Oct 01, 8:30, Kathmandu
This image shows the Ministry of Home Affairs in Singha Durbar, Kathmandu in June 2021. Photo: Barun Gautam

The Ministry of Home Affairs on Thursday made it clear that the government has not issued an order to impose a ban on organising meetings, assemblies, and gatherings which is to be conducted as per the Constitution, existing laws, and by following the health protocol unveiled for the containment of the COVID-19.

Issuing a press statement, the Ministry's Spokesperson Phadindra Mani Pokharel said that no such order has been issued in regard to the events to be organised as per the Constitution, existing laws, and by following the health protocol.

The Ministry has also said that its serious attention was drawn to the public concerns expressed regarding the orders issued from the district administration offices Kathmandu and Bhaktapur.

Earlier on Thursday, the district administration offices Kathmandu and Bhaktapur had requested all concerned not to hold unnecessary gatherings, conferences, processions, and festivals, reasoning the risk of coronavirus infection. 

READ ALSO:

mass gatherings Home Ministry Ministry of Home Affairs government constitution covid-19 Phadindra Mani Pokharel Kathmandu Bhaktapur
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77

Contact

KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

Newsroom
+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

E-mail
[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal