People have been facing a lot of confusion regarding license while visiting the department. Since the application for driver’s license exam form opened in September 15, lots of crowd could be seen in the Chabahil transportation department for further process.
The department has been providing notice about the day of visit to the applicants through social media. Applicants who had applied before lockdown are called up in the present time.
Sujan Subedi, one of the applicants who visited the department, said, “I applied for the license on 2020. It has been more than a year and I have finally got my call up date. I reached the office at 9 am. And as there is a token system, it was easier for me to get token at first and go to the department accordingly.”
For visitors who come for renewing their license, the department opens from 10 am to 2 pm and for the applicants who come for new license registration, the department opens from 10 am to 4 pm.
The procedure for licenses’ exams:
• The applicants must fill an online form from the official website of DOT (Department of Transportation Management)
• The applicants will have to visit the department first on the given date. Notices are provided in the department as well as in Facebook.
• After visiting the department, there is a token system, applicants should register for their details accordingly along with photos and signatures.
• Medical test is done in the next step. In the test, the applicant should provide their blood group, and eyesight is also examined.
• After completing the medical test, the applicant has to pay tax for the upcoming written and trial exam. Written exams and trial examinations are scheduled according to the notice provided. (Room no 7)
• After completing all the process, the applicant has to go to Room no. 4 where they will receive an ‘Applicant details’ card, which is essential for the upcoming examinations.