Wednesday Mar 29, 2023
Wednesday Mar 29, 2023

Police register 3,916 crimes from mid-July to mid-August

Over Rs 113.04m collected as fine from offenders; over Rs 364.76m in revenue

2021 Aug 27, 17:36, Kathmandu
This rendered image shows the logo of Nepal Police.

A total of 4,902 persons were found involved in 3,916 crimes registered by police in the period of one month from mid-July to mid-August.

Of the persons accused of their involvement in various crimes, 4,528 are males and 374 are females, according to police.

As many as 3,716 persons allegedly involved in crimes have been arrested while 1,186 others are still at large, police informed and added that 76 per cent of the criminals have been brought to book while the remaining 24 per cent are still at large.

Likewise, 1,119 arrestees convicted by the court were absconding. The sentences they have been slapped with by the court makes a total of 603 years 53 months and 86 days in prison. Likewise, the law enforcers have collected a total of Rs 113,049,847 as a fine from offenders in the month of Shrawan (from July 16 to August 16). Moreover, a sum of Rs 364,765,331 has been collected as revenue from various persons and organisations under different headings.

Out of 1,818 road accidents across the country during the period from mid-July to mid-August, a total of 160 persons died and 540 others sustained critical injuries. The data released by Nepal Police shows that 58 road accidents were registered every day on average during the period.

Likewise, 361 cases relating to narcotics were registered while 556 persons involved were arrested. Security personnel seized 335.8 kilograms (kg) of marijuana, 18.9kg hashish, 0.89gm heroin and 0.7gm cocaine.

Of the total 3,916 crimes registered during the period, the data showed that 126 cases were registered on the daily basis on average.

Similarly, police confiscated a total of 58 guns (barrel), 97 rounds of bullets and six magazines while 39 persons were arrested in possession of illegal arms and ammunition. 718 cases were related to murder, 502 related to suicide, 296 theft cases, 544 organised crimes, 891 social crimes, 466 cases of violence against women and children, 132 cases related to violation of traffic rules, and 367 miscellaneous cases offending law.

Likewise, 25 cases were related to arms, ammunition and treasure; 25 were related to sexual abuse of children, 14 were related to kidnapping and taking hostages, while 17 cases were related to human trafficking.

Of the total 502 cases of suicide, 422 persons had killed themselves by hanging, 73 by consuming poison, three by drowning, two by jumping off from heights. Likewise, a person killed oneself using weapons or tools and another one by setting a fire.

As many as 23 persons lost their lives and 69 others sustained critical injuries in natural disasters and other risks that occurred across the country. A total of 439 cases of disasters were registered during the period of one month. Of the total killed, seven died in landslides, five in flood-related incidents, five in lightning strikes, two in animal attacks, two in fire incidents and two in boat capsize incidents. It has been reported that 2,707 police personnel were mobilised for rescuing the victims of disaster and other incidents.

The data shows that 48 complaints were filed against police personnel during the period. Thirteen complaints have been taken back while actions are being taken against police personnel based on 35 other complaints. the department actions were taken against 202 police personnel.

Meanwhile, during the period, Nepal Police Hospital has provided health services to 8,901 police personnel, 2,412 former staff of Nepal Police, 5,813 families of staff, 1,928 families of former staff, 1,887 general public. Likewise, under the vaccination drive against COVID-19, the vaccination venue set up by Nepal police has administered vaccines to 22,575 persons. As many as 7,483 persons received Vero Cell, 14,115 people received single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccines while 977 others have received AstraZeneca. The health labs of Nepal Police conducted RT-PCR tests on the swabs collected from 3,045 persons in which 449 samples tested positive for coronavirus infection during the period of one month.


Nepal Police crimes in Nepal Crime data of Nepal Crime rates in Nepal
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77


KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal