Monday Feb 26, 2024
Monday Feb 26, 2024

Govt appeals to get labor permit before going abroad for job

2022 Jan 28, 17:46, Kathmandu
Department of Foreign Employment

The government has appealed to go for foreign employment only after obtaining a labor permit.

Due to the temptation of foreign employment via tourism and other visas to various countries in the Gulf region, Southeast Asian countries, European & American countries, and some countries in the African continent, Nepali citizens are being stranded, cheated, and facing various problems and difficulties in employment.

Noting that it is not possible to go for foreign employment outside the process prescribed by law in the hopes of getting good employment and attractive salary, the ministry has requested to go for foreign employment only after getting complete information about the destination country and obtaining a labor permit as per the rules.

According to Thaneshwar Bhusal, Joint Spokesperson of the Ministry of Labor, complaints have been received against licensed organizations, educational consulting firms, travel agencies, and various intermediaries for leaving Nepali citizens stranded in many foreign countries due to the temptation of foreign employment.

"After getting employment opportunities abroad, it is completely illegal to go for foreign employment under various pretexts without getting labor approval from the body under this ministry," he said. Regarding foreign employment, the Ministry has stated that it is committed to bringing any Nepali person stranded in foreign lands, bringing any organization or individual under the scope of action as per the prevailing law, and giving justice to the victims.

The government has also formed a task force under the coordination of the Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs to provide justice to the victims of foreign employment mishaps. The Ministry of Labor has also formed an immediate response team under the coordination of the Director of the Department of Foreign Employment and a Marshall Team under the coordination of the Deputy Secretary of this Ministry. Under the Foreign Employment Act 2007 and the rules made under it, the government, licensed entities (manpower companies), and individuals can be sent for foreign employment on their own responsibility.


Foreign Employment Ministry of Home Affairs Ministry of Labor manpower company Tourism Visa
Nepal's First Online News Portal
Published by Nepalnews Pvt Ltd
Editor: Raju Silwal
Information Department Registration No. 1505 / 076-77


KMC-02, UttarDhoka,
Lazimpat, Nepal

+977–01–4445751 / 4445754

[email protected] [email protected]

Terms of Use Disclaimer
© NepalNews. 2021 All rights reserved. | Nepal's First News Portal